Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Organizing for Change

"A place for everything and everything in it's place." I don't know how old I was when I heard that saying for the first time, but I know I liked it right away. The idea that a well-organized life means less clutter emotionally as well as physically. This appeals to the OCD side of my personality. Unfortunately, the ADD side would prefer not to empty the dish washer or fold laundry, so I struggle with the task of organizing.

About 4 months ago I decided to convert a little-used guest room into a multi-purposed art room. A place where I could have all my fabric on bolts and displayed on long shelves. A spot for all of my yarn. A nook for all my paper goods... you get the point. "A place for everything and everything in it's place."

There's still a lot of painting and refining to be done and I have yet to find the perfect drapes, but I wanted to show off the progress so far and get some thoughts and feedback on the overall look. I operate in a bubble, so some outside ideas would be a refreshing change. xoxo- jenn

Before

After

1 comment:

Blasé said...

That's my favorite saying....the everything has its place, thingy!